Saturday, February 26, 2011

Music in the Park – Pt. Debu Chaudhuri

Music in the Park – Pt. Debu Chaudhuri-1After coming to know that SPIC-MACAY has resumed their popular “Music in the Park”, I went there for an enthralling evening listening to a Sitar Recital by Pt. Debu Chaudhuri. Last night’s rain was probably a dampener, as it was a very small crowd. The advantage of this was that I got different locations from where I could take photographs of the musicians.

The wet ground was not very friendly to my jeans, but what the hell, it is not often one gets ring-side (actually I was bang in front of the stage) seat, when great musicians perform, especially in open air.

Music in the Park – Pt. Debu Chaudhuri-2 

It was an evening well spent listening to soulful music, Music in the Park – Pt. Debu Chaudhuri-3in some phenomenal weather. Last nights rains had given Nehru Park a really refreshing feel and the nip in the air was awesome. SPIC-MACAY is holding a series of such events in the next few months at Delhi, and hopefully I can spend more evenings listening to great music.

Of course, as is my wont, I got into an argument with a friend as to whether one goes to such events to listen to music or to take photographs. My take on this, is that a photographer tries to capture the essence or soul of an event with his or her photographs. While I enjoyed the music, the fact that I got some photographs that I was happy about, gave me immense satisfaction….

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment